Signing up in Remotasks is the first step in a short journey you have to take before you can start earning money through tasking! And now that you’ve finally registered as a Tasker, what should happen next? In this article, we’ll answer some of the most important questions you might have as a new Remotasker:
What do I need to be able to work?
In Remotasks, our Remotaskers help our customers develop better smart technologies through drawing boxes around pictures, moderating and analyzing content, identifying spam, and categorizing objects. You don’t need to have advanced knowledge on AI to be able to work on our projects inside the platform!
However, you do need to review your computer system first to check if it meets our minimum requirements. You don’t have to download any app to work on Remotasks, as everything happens within the platform.
How do I make money with Remotasks?
Since we do a ton of different Tasks inside the platform, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the kinds of project types we do and accomplish for clients. However, we organize our projects into distinct task groups:
- 2D Tasks: This needs Taskers to analyze 2D environments and draw bounding boxes around objects according to specific task requirements.
- 3D Tasks: Same with 2D Tasks, but this time we need Remotaskers to analyze 3D environments and draw boxes around 3D objects such as cars and pedestrians.
- OCR Transcription: In these Tasks, our Remotaskers need to analyze images of documents and menus to identify the text inside them.
- Categorization: Our Taskers need to categorize various things into different classifications, such as types of clothes.
- Comparison: In these Tasks, our Taskers need to specific objects and identify the differences between these objects.
- Data Collection: This needs Taskers to search the internet for data on various things.
What if I want to ask questions to other Remotaskers?
As a Remotasker, you don’t necessarily have to work alone on your Tasks! We have a wide range of tools you could use to connect and interact with your fellow Remotaskers:
- Discord: We have a Discord Server where we have channels dedicated to announcements and different kinds of Tasks. You can reach out to fellow Remotaskers, Moderators, and Admins here!
- Help Center: We have an internal Help Center that has up-to-date guides and helpful tips regarding our Tasks and Projects.
- Community Forums: We have an internal Community Forums where various Taskers can interact with each other and answer queries.
- Remotasks Blog: We regularly update our Remotasks Blog (this site!) with up-to-date news and announcements that can help both newcomers and those interested in joining the platform.
How do I get paid for my Tasks?
We pay via PayPal every week, so please do make sure that you have a confirmed PayPal account so we can send your earnings there successfully!
If you’re interested in joining the team, you can sign up for free!