Thanks to Remotasks, we helped more than 10,000 Remotaskers get an extra source of income while helping our clients create better smart technologies. And thanks to our communications platforms (e.g., Discord, Community Forums, Help Center), we have a means to cater to our huge Community of Remotaskers.
However, before you take the deep dive into our community, you should have an idea of how to communicate properly with your fellow Remotaskers.
Remotasks Community Channels: Communicate It Right
We have a straightforward Code of Conduct and ask you to respect these few, simple rules:
- Be both constructive and kind: We encourage constructive feedback between community members; however, we will not tolerate threatening, harassing, bullying, and the use of profanities (these include disrespectful comments, personal attacks, discrimination, trolling or site bashing, etc.). Please be empathetic and think twice before sending messages to anyone, and remember that there’s a person on the other side of the screen!
- Lend a helping hand: If you have the answer to someone else's burning question, go and save the day! This is the essence of our community - learning from and helping others. We encourage you to share your experience and insight with other Remotaskers to help maintain an awesome community. Stay respectful and attentive when others are talking, as we want them to do the same with you.
- Help us keep the Community spaces tidy and organized: Before starting a new topic, search for existing discussions about it (using the search bar) and use the available functionalities to filter and get the results that you want.
- Avoid spamming: Help us improve the discussion by respecting the topics and the people discussing them, posting relevant and constructive answers, and staying away from advertising and irrelevant comments. This includes creating multiple threads on the same subject, as well as posting promotional/commercial/adult content (nudity, sexually explicit content) or profanities. We also don't allow posts with malware, viruses, or anything that can disrupt service or harm others.
What are Do’s and Don’ts?
- Give constructive and actionable feedback.
- Respect one another. Don’t harass anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect the communication spaces. Don’t post spam or otherwise disrespect those spaces.
- Post in the correct category! At the Community Forum, this is the fastest way to get a relevant answer to your important questions and brilliant remarks. You can find a list of all categories here.
- Drop us a line in our Feature Requests & Suggestions topic if you have any suggestions or requests to help us improve the Remotasks experience.
- Check out the Bugs Topic in our forums if you think you’re experiencing a bug to see if anybody else is experiencing the same issue and be sure to contact our Support Team directly (note that our Support Team is not able to provide assistance for your payment-related issues in the forum).
- Engage in disrespectful, mean, or discriminatory behavior. We want to keep this a happy place for all! Remotasks takes a very strong stance and a zero-tolerance policy against any kind of discrimination. Kindness is cool, after all.
- Post a topic in the wrong channel/category. That would be sad.
- Cross-post the same thing in multiple channels/topics. That would be overkill.
- Divert a topic by changing it midstream. We love a good plot twist, but not in our official communication spaces.
- Reply directly when you see bad behavior. Fight fire with… flags! Instead of acknowledging/encouraging the bad behavior, just flag it. Our Staff and Moderators will take it from there.
What will get you flagged or banned
Here are things that Remotasks has a zero-tolerance policy towards, and will result in an immediate flagging or banning of a Remotasks account:
- Spamming the Community channels/topics: The first time you’ll receive a temporary suspension, the second time it will be permanent.
- Racism, sexism, homophobia/transphobia, ageism, body shaming/harassment based on how someone looks or their disability, harassment based on religion (or lack thereof), harassment based on technology choices, and any other discriminatory behavior will get you banned immediately.
- Personal attacks against other users: The first time you’ll receive a temporary suspension, the second time it will be permanent.
- Illegal or NSFW material and activities. We do have a zero-tolerance policy against these, and you will be banned immediately.
- Trolling: Please help us keep this forum relevant and don’t post things that are completely off-topic. We trust you’ll exercise your best judgment here.
- Cross-posting: The first time you’ll receive a temporary suspension, the second time it will be permanent.
- Persistent negativity or disrespect that brings down the vibe in our community: The first time you’ll receive a temporary suspension, the second time it will be permanent.
If you’re interested in joining the team, you can sign up for free!